Thursday, April 23, 2009

Top Movies

Listening to NPR the other day I heard they were asking people what are you listening to? reading? watching?....so I'm wondering if I heard that one day and wasn't really paying attention....and that's what made me come up with my lists? You never know?
at any rate....I have some time to myself...so I'll give the list of some of my favorite movies.....
It's really difficult to narrow it down to 10....but I think these are my favorites...most watched, etc.

1. Anne of Green Gables - (with Megan Follows, Colleen Dewhurst & Richard Farnsworth)(all parts)- I LOVE this movie.. I like it better than the books I think......I've watched it so many times and I laugh and cry every time and I just love it!( Some day I want to go to Prince Edward Island. There is a cruise that goes all along the St Lawrence River....stops in Boston, NYC, Quebec, PEI... the heck with Green Gables .....I could be Anne of the Cruise Ship!) :D

2. Last of the Mohicans - there's a war going on...people are getting shot, hacked up etc, but Daniel Day Lewis is so HOT! in this film, who cares! HA ha.

3.Pride and Prejudice -I like the book, all the movies, but I like the latest on with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfayden. Oxygen Network seems to show it every month or so...and guess who watches it...every time!

4.Shakespeare in Love - great acting and always good for a laugh...and speaking of laughs......

5.Young Frankenstein - sometimes a funny movie is even funnier when there is a person with a great laugh in the audience.....you can't help but laugh too! I went to see this movie with my brother David....who thought it was hilarious....he took me with him the second time he watched it and he started laughing before the movie even started....and what can I say...anytime I need a good laugh I can watch this...or even just talk about it with someone else who has seen it too!...("Take the candle out!")

6.Elizabethtown- I know some people think I'm strange because I like this movie...but it has a GREAT soundtrack and I just think it's funny. Maybe because it came out during a time in my life when I was attending or helping plan more than a couple funerals..(rest assured...no tap dance routines or flaming birds were involved) (I am laughing just thinking about it)..it was some comic relief!

7. Breaking Away- The father is too much. (the eenie foods) I really like this story.

* I'm cheating on this one
8. Peter Pan and Finding Neverland- I love Disney's version...and I ride the ride every time I go to the Magic Kingdom....I just always wanted to jump out the window and FLYYYYYYYYYYY!
and I love Finding Neverland....when the little children are in the audience and giggle and get all excited about the show....I just love it!

9.Sense and Sensibility- I like the story and the acting is great.

10. Little Women- with Winona Ryder and Susan Sarandon...if you look at my favorite books...you will see March by Geraldine Brooks...it's a story about Mr. March and reading it makes me picture scenes from this movie in my head.

* I might have to make a whole separate list for comedies....because there are some great ones...but I won't go on and on.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Oh goodness. You used the words "SO HOT" to describe some one I am now scared! ha Just kidding. I love Elizabeth town too, we can be weird together!