Sunday, April 26, 2009

25th Annual Melbourne Art Festival

Mike the DJ holding up one of David's t-shirts
my little palm tree painting (with a little glare on it)
view towards river from patron booth(what looks like the end of the parking lot is actually the river; it's in between the property and building you see in the background) Street views


It was a beautiful weekend in sunny Florida...and perfect for the 25th annual Melbourne Art Festival. It was a little hot...but early morning and evening were perfect...and there was a good breeze all weekend. Fortunately for us...my brother had a set-up in the back of a downtown restaurant...so we got to relax in air conditioned comfort and had a real bathroom steps away..(.no trips needed to the Port-O-lets...that are a blessing when you really need them....but I was so glad I never had to go near them this weekend!) Also...his show was in the meeting room of a Martini & Tapas bar...so delicious food was available (for purchase) right next door! Like any annual community event...you tend to run into just about everybody in town at some point during the weekend...and this year was no exception. Lots of familiar faces...but some people I haven't seen in years were also there. It was fun. John and I participate in the Patron program...so among the benefits is $ to purchase artwork. I did my part...haha! I got a nice carved fish for John and a painting for myself...and then I found the super deal...a woman had some small...4x5? could get up to measure it...but that would require getting up,, paintings of palm trees...for $15.00 ! The details were pretty good...I think I actually liked her little paintings better than the larger more expensive ones. (turns out my friend Gayle also purchased one...except hers was $20.00; which we discovered when we walked around the show this afternoon and compared notes.) It was a nice way to spend the weekend. Next week we get to hang out down at the park in Melbourne Beach...during the annual Founder's Day celebration...can't wait!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

You're making me miss Melboure we have the best fests! It was HOT here today 95 but It felt great to me. Miss you