Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's not raining now...but it might later. We didn't have ANY rain for so long...now it seems we are back on track. Yesterday we had close to 2 inches...lots of flooded streets...but thankfully not too bad. The Weather Channel has been busy keeping up with all the stormy weather...and I always worry about family and friends in places having severe weather. Hoping for the best....
I must say after all the rain last evening...this morning was wonderful... lots of fresh, clean, cool air. Since I love to be outside whenever possible.....it was a treat! Soon it will be so humid that a trip around the block with the dog means you have to change your shirt! I am going to enjoy this brief Spring here in FL!
My poem for the day...by another favorite poet of mine.....

APRIL RAIN SONG by Langston Hughes
Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain.
* I do like the rain...but like the poem says it plays a little sleep song...and it doesn't take much to get me sleepy sometimes....so too much rain and I start dragging around. I need the sunshine!

No comments: