Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easy Storytime/Party treats




Here's what we had a Storytime today.(and every other holiday recently.) It's simple. A Rice Krispie treat, a spoonful of frosting and sprinkles. Not TOO sweet,,,but easy and fun to spread the frosting...I give the kids a little plastic knife, dab of frosting and a little pile or cup of sprinkles. (I have sprinkles for every season/holiday in my pantry...they last a long time.)
We also made Easter Bunny bags. The kids glued on the pink ears, eyes and nose and pink pompom on back for the tail. Then you glue the ear tips together for handles.
My mother always had some kind of treat for us on holidays...nothing too fancy...maybe even just a cookie or some type of candy...but it was something special for a special day.So I always have to do something for the kids...just because.......

No comments: