Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cookies on a Saturday afternoon




















We are going to some friends for dinner tonight (fish...what else) and you know what that means....I get to BAKE! (any excuse to make something...I just can't keep it here...or I will eat it all bit by bit)..... Anyway...as soon as I knew we were going to the Roy's...I got the ingredients out.

The cookies I made are one of my favorite recipes...and what's not to like...peanut butter, sugar, M&M's, etc.



The first time I made these was for my Brownie troop......(Brenna) (who's 24 now.....I'll let you do the math.)( haha)Anyway...they've always been a hit. I think I got the recipe from Southern Living. The Brownie troop was at Holy Trinity School... and we switched a couple years later to Indialantic Elementary...so we didn't see the girls too often after that....but when Brenna and Megan were at Mel High....one of my former Brownies was in Latin Club with Megan.(this is important background information...bear with me. Ha)I volunteered to bring refreshments to the Latin Club event and I made these cookies. Alison (former Brownie-now a HS senior) took one bite of one and looked at me and said"You made these didn't you Mrs. Kaminski? I remember these cookies from when you made them for our Brownie troop."

So...what can I tell you....they're good!



MONSTER COOKIES

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 cup sugar

1 cup plus 2 TBSP firmly packed brown sugar
3 eggs

2 cups peanut butter

1/4 tsp vanilla

3/4 tsp light corn syrup

4 1/2 cups regulars oats, uncooked

2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup plain M & M's

6 oz semisweet morsels



Cream butter, gradually add sugars, beating well. add eggs, peanut butter, vanilla & corn syrup. Beat well. Add oats, soda and salt, stir well. stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls-about 4 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, centers will be soft. Cool slightly on cookie sheets, remove to rack and cool completely.


*If you make them this big....the recipe makes about 2 1/2 dz...I usually make them smaller (so technically I guess mine aren't "Monster" cookies...haha...I make a good sized cookie and you get a lot! They are tasty!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Wait...none of my friends are coming over, and I'm not home. I thought I was special and you made the cookies for me, now I know better!