Friday, December 4, 2009

Ornament of the day

I wish I was a better photographer...or maybe it's the camera...hahhaa because I am having a hard time getting a good photo of the ornaments I want...but it doesn't really matter
I got this little ornament back in 1980 0r 1981?...when I was the Children's Librarian at Meadowlane Community Library. It just so happened the Library was housed in the same building as the Meadowlane Elementary School Library...we had a great children's collection! For years since then...acquaintances will ask me "Do you still teach?" Well technically I never was a teacher...I just worked at two different schools... I suppose in a way I was (am) a teacher...I hope I am teaching children that books can be fun and to love language and reading. I figure by now there are many little kids, big kids and as hard as it is to admit it....adults with their own kids hard to admit...because then I have to face the fact that I really am getting older myself...hahaha who might think of me if they hear a Hap Palmer or Raffi song or hear a certain story....and that's kind of a nice thought.
er
In the meantime....I smile every time I put this ornament on my tree...because it was a special gift from a little boy and his mother reminding me how much I love what I do and knowing that others appreciate it too. If you click on it to enlarge it...you can see the little elf holding his book. (old Avon ornament)

No comments: