Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ornament Exchange Day

Today I'm off...just by chance...so I get to go to the Southern Living Luncheon this month. I wasn't going to ask for a day off...since I took Monday off and I'm taking another day off NEXT week...but when I got the schedule...I guess it was meant to be. So today's ornament is the one I"m bringing to the "ornament exchange". I"m sure you've participated in one before...I've heard it called a "Scottish Exchange" or a "Chinese Exchange"...never quite figured out how it went from one side of the globe to the other!
Anyway, everyone brings an ornament. Numbers are given out..1 goes first...chooses. The last number goes next..they can choose a new package...or take number 1's . It goes on until the end...where Number 1 gets to choose the last package...or take someone Else's. It makes for a lively exchange.....I'm not too picky...and always seem to get a nice one. I have several on my tree from past years...and enjoy them all. If there's a really unique one that someone else winds up with...you can always find out where they got it and go buy one for yourself! I try to find one that has to do with baking or cooking...so this ornament was the perfect choice!

No comments: