Thursday, March 19, 2009

Springtime

I love poetry and music. Always have. I can't walk around sharing poems with people...but I can put them on my blog! Ha! Here's a good one for today......
The Spring Wind
The summer wind
is soft and sweet
the winter wind is strong
the autumn wind is mischievious
and sweeps the leaves along.
the wind I love the best
comes gently after rain
smelling of spring and growing things
brushing the world with feathery wings
while everything glistens, and everything sings
in the spring wind
after the rain.
Charlotte Zolotow
We finally got some rain last night/this morning. The grass and plants are happy! We are in a drought...and water restrictions only let us water twice a week...so any bit of rain is nice! Even without the rain the oak trees are spring green again and flowers that actually like less water are in full bloom...the bougainvillas are full of flowers. Anyone in Florida for spring break is mighty happy to be here. It's hard to beat spring in FL....it comes early!
The oak leaves are back and so are the snakes....I have had one black snake living along the side?back? fence for a while...lately he's been getting into the screened porch by the pool. Haze and Kiena go nuts when he's there...so I get the pool net and encourage him to go back out. Yesterday he was back...but when I went to get him out... I found out that it was two black snakes...seemed to like each other...so there are probably baby snakes too. One went one way, one went the other...but I got the to safety and I'm sure they were happy to be FREEEEEEE! Brenna tells me she spotted a baby in the pool...it was not happy...but she rescued it and pretty soon I will be on the lookout for more snakes! The birds usually sound the alarm...or the dogs...and as long as they don't chase me....they can stay.

No comments: