Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Know anybody named Asnna?

If you happen to know somebody named Asnna...there's two sets of towels with their name on them! (really!)
I recently decided to buy some cute towels on sale from Pottery Barn Kids. They're white with green alligators(Go Gators) on them and a pretty blue trim at the bottom. Now, I like to order from catalogs (my sisters used to laugh at me...one year I even ordered a Christmas Tree)
anyway..I have companies that I like, they're reliable, good quality, etc. The day I placed the order, the woman did sound a little confused...but not bad...and I didn't think anything of it. She asked me what name I wanted monogrammed on the towels and I told her I wasn't interested in a monogram, thank you. Well fast forward 7-10 days and my package arrived. I open it and noticed right away that there was some sort of name on them...I saw the nna...took the towel out and saw my cute towel with it's cute blue monogram Asnna on it. (if anyone reading this knew my sister Jenifer, all I could think of was Jenifer saying..."What's your name? Ahhhsnnnahh"
I set the towels aside and decided to call Customer Service the next day. John came home and said"Oh you got your towels? he picked one up, looked a little puzzled and said"What the heck does that mean?"All I could do was laugh. when I called Customer Service to explain..the lady started laughing and said "That's the craziest thing I've ever heard' we both started laughing.I was kind of hoping she'd tell me to keep them (after all...what are they going to do with them?)
I figured they'd always be good for a laugh! I didn't take a picture...I should have. Those towels went back and a few days later my new unadorned towels arrived.( Wouldn't it be funny if someone called and requested that name on the towel. Ha ha)
My poem for a beautiful spring day

I thank you God
for most
this amazing day:
for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees and a blue
true dream of sky,
and for everything
which is natural
which is infinite
which is yes
e.e.cummings
Anne

No comments: