Friday, March 20, 2009

Librarian Anne

Today I went to read at As We Grow Preschool.....they were having a Dr. Seuss Read-a-Thon. I usually do an outreach there every other week...it's great fun. When I go there the kids are very happy to see me... I'm "Librarian Anne" (or one little girl who didn't quite get it called me "LibraryAnne".) One mom told me her daughter said I come and read stories and sing and dance (Ha ha). (I do fingerplays and we always have an activity/song (on CD) (not me)(unless I tell them the puppet is going to sing). They really do get excited and I enjoy it too. Today I was supposed to read to the 2 yr old class...that was interesting...not many Dr. Seuss stories short enough for that group! But I read and they listened (some of them) but I didn't expect much. Then I got to read to my regular pre-K group. They are always fun. There really is no other place that I go where so many people are that happy and excited to see me..every time......no matter what! It's nice to have a job that is fun. Sharing stories, songs and rhymes and doing crafts with the kiddos. It keeps me young! and remember....

Shout loud I am lucky to be what I am! Thank goodness I'm not just a clam or a ham or a dusty old jar of sour gooseberry jam! I am what I am! That's a great thing to be!
(from Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I get excited to see you! You make it sound like only the kiddos love you!