Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dinner with friends

Just got home from dinner with our friends, we got to eat some of his recently caught 41lb cobia,grilled lobster with butter of course, teriyaki cobia and freshly caught stone crab meat. YUM YUM! We also had homemade guacamole & chips, asparagus, and brussell sprouts(not me!). For dessert....a recipe from my 1974 Pillsbury Bake-off cookbook...Cheesy Dapper Apple Squares. Easy and always good. I bought that cookbook my first year of college. I was waiting in line (a very loooonnnng line at the University of Florida bookstore) to buy my textbooks and happened to be stopped in front of a bookcase that contained this particular cookbook. For whatever reason it caught my eye and I decided to buy it. It has some great dessert recipes. I have made a few things over the years...but my favorites include the apple squares I made tonight and the all time favorite...Peanut Butter Marbleous Dessert. It was a hit the first time I made it...and I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like it.
Anyway we had a nice time eating, drinking (champagne of course!) and telling stories. A fun time was had by all. John, Ron and Charlie are hoping to go out fishing on Monday...so maybe we'll have fresh tuna and mahi Monday night.( The wasabi is ready and waiting...so am I!)

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Please send a cooler full of food, including snickerdoodle cookies.
-Your Daughter (starving and staring at 2 day old pizza)