Friday, May 29, 2009

top ten

I've written about my top ten books and movies...so now it's time to give you my top ten music lists.
First I'll list what you would've found in my collection back when I was in college. *You know...how I mentioned in a past blog about how you used to get an idea about your new roommate(s) by checking out their music collection. (When I was in college...this would have been albums) Brenna has some of them in frames...but we recently relocated them from the garage to her room and it made me start thinking about that music; some of it I still listen to...other albums I look at and wonder what the heck I was thinking! haha
List back then....in no particular order:
Jimi Hendrix -Experience (& others)
Jethro Tull - Benefit (also Thick as a Brick)
Bob Dylan-Blood on the Tracks (& others)
Pink Floyd -Dark Side of the Moon (I think everyone had this one!)
Derek and the Dominoes - Layla and other Assorted Love Songs
Moody Blues- Days of Future Passed
Fleetwood Mac- Mystery to Me
Lynyrd Skynyrd -Second Helping (amongst others)
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard

Now on my I Pod ( one of the world's best inventions! I'm convinced)(I can listen to music I like all the time...anywhere/anytime it's great!) I have a wide variety of music.....but for the most part it's Alternative & lots of 80's. I'm not stuck in the 80's....well maybe one foot is
Anyway it's tough to narrow it down to just 10...but here's who I like listening to, never get tired of along with a particularly favorite song....
Again...in no real order...............................................................................................................
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Depeche Mode - Get the Balance Right
The National - Start a War
Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Drive By
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
The Psychedelic Furs - Ghost in You
Roxy Music - More Than This
R.E.M. - (old stuff like) Orange Crush (and new stuff too...)Supernatural Superserious
Coldplay - Talk
Talking Heads - And She Was

*runner-up include hahaha - Dave Matthews, Death Cab for Cutie, New Order, the Ocean Blue, The Railway Children, Guster, INXS, Vampire Weekend,English Beat, The Clash, The Smiths, Morrisey, The Rippingtons......and you get the picture...it's hard to limit it to just 10...which is why the I-pod is so great....you can have it all (jazz, rock, alternative, classical....all in one place!)

So...Keep Listening....and TURN IT UP!

1 comment:

BKaminski said...

I have all of these songs on my ipod too! you would think we were related or something ;)