Saturday, May 9, 2009


At the end of last week I was having one of those days...I just felt off. I couldn't figure out why...but everything was making me feel out of it. So...I decided to snap out of it and I went and donated some blood. They've been calling me for the last few weeks...supplies were low and I decided...what better way to make myself feel better than to go do something for someone else.

(Sometimes my iron is a little low...but this time it was fine so I was good to go.) After that I went shopping...made a few stops along the way and laughed at myself when I got home and started unloading my groceries. I was definitely having a case of PMS (minus the M)......the hormones or lack of were doing a number on me and without really thinking about it I purchased ice cream, candy and decided what the heck...I need some Ice Tea! I used to have ice tea available at all times...as many of you know.....but decided to try to cut back a little. I no longer make my regular trips to Chick-fil-A...(I really would drive out to Palm Bay for a gallon!) not as close...but usually cheaper in the long run than a trip to the mall! hahaPublix quit brewing their own a while back...and the new stuff just isn't the same!

I could brew my own...but it's never as good...don't know why..(.the type of tea?) Anyway... I've done pretty well.. I would only have it when I went out to eat.. I think I wanted the tea more than the dinner sometimes! Occasionally I've had a cup of coffee in the afternoon...something I hardly ever do! So...I decided to treat myself to some good tea .(and I have enjoyed it!)(John does too...I think I got him hooked!)

Anyway...the week turned out to be a pretty good one..Sunday the guys cleaned the boatload of fish and we had a great, impromptu party, Monday....John did the program for me it went very well AND...the boss liked it, Tuesday I filled in at the Reference Desk and it was uneventful(always good!)during the week I had several "little friends" (as my mom used to say) come into the Library with their parents and proudly point out that I was "Librarian Anne" who comes to their school and reads and does fun things with the class....but the best thing of all...on Thursday one grandma who comes to Storytime with her grandson told me she loves to bring him to Storytime because she loves to listen to me tell stories. She told me I reminded her of a favorite teacher she had in 1st or 2nd grade who read to the class and that she knows her grandson likes to come...but she enjoys it as much as he does. Now that makes me feel good!

1 comment: