Thursday, August 4, 2011


views from the tour house
Okay...let me say right of the bat that I am tired and not thinking clearly...haha...so this post actually starts at the end and works back to the beginning. Truth is...I don't feel like starting over...and really...I have 5 readers...do they care????? So here goes. The first night we were in NC they had a cocktail party. The golfers had the opportunity to see which "flight" they were in and who they would be playing with the first day of the tournament. It was a nice evening and the Landings was a perfect spot for the party. The food was delicious and we sat out on the porch and enjoyed the evening.
This is one view of the lake...but it is from a house we visited on the home tour. While the golf match is going on...they have a luncheon at the club house for the ladies and their guests. After lunch they usually have a home tour. It's kind of fun to see the different homes. They are always impressive...and it's nice to see the things people have chosen and done in their homes. Sometimes you see a house and think..."Please adopt me!" haha others...are lovely...but not my style....not that I would turn down the chance to own one!
This year's house was interesting...not one of my favorites...but it had a beautiful view. The Master bedroom...had a window overlooking the lake...and I imagine you could sit there for hours looking out. The decor was very eclectic...which I kind of liked...but in some places it didn't quite seem finished. Lots of pretty flowers out front...the owners know how to garden...the bees and butterflies were loving the plants.

Before the tour...we had lunch at the club house. The theme this year was Southwestern. Joanne...the lady in charge of the event always does a great job. The taco salads were delicious!

Sandy at the table. Everyone received a gift bag...with a pen, some cheese straws (a southern staple) and a coupon for 20% off at the store that provided fashions for the luncheon fashion show.
Table design...very simple, colorful and just right. The food was great and we enjoyed the fashion show they put on. The fashions were all very wearable...although most of the models were teeny tiny. There were a couple of outfits that involved leggings and a little jacket....oh yeah...that would look great on the average sized (or above...:) person!) But there were some beautiful sweaters, hats,accessories and shoes. One pair of shoes in particular caught every ones attention...they were cute on everyone and were available in multiple colors. They had all price ranges...the cute shoes were only $40.00!...on the other hand the belt I admired...was a bit more....$210.00! no thanks!
Now...back to Thursday night...down at the landings...by the river. Pretty wildflower arrangements on the tables...I was taking lots of pictures of the flowers...people probably thought I was drunk maybe a little.. 3 glasses (small glasses) of wine.haha
Sandy took our picture as we were getting ready to leave. I had a new dress I ordered .from Boden..I admired it all season...but didn't buy it...finally at the end of the season clearance sale...I decided to go for it. It was super comfortable...and it will be perfect when things cool down a little and I need something besides my usual sundress!

No comments: