Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunset

We are finally getting our "Normal" afternoon rains around here after several dry months. when we get the rain...we get skies like this when it stops.
I am loving the sunsets!
It gets a little cooler too...so that's a plus.
The neighbors probably think I'm kooky...out there with my camera every night...trying to catch the moment!
But I don't care....
it's too nice to go inside and miss it!


Well, things have been pretty quiet around here since our busy month of July. All of our trips are over and now it's back to reality...haha. Too bad...I kind of liked all the activity! Work is kind of hectic. We recently "lost" two workers...one left due to health issues/personal issues. I miss Nancy a lot...we had fun working together and she was at the library from the early days. She wasn't there when we first opened...but it wasn't too long after that she came on board. But...I think leaving was the best thing for her... she'll have much less stress and time to take it easy and get better. she and I both felt the same way about certain policies and procedures...I'll leave it at that Another co-worker left last month (fortunately my vacation was already approved)to take a job closer to home. 30 minutes less travel time each way and a few more hours too. She was a hard worker. I know my bosses miss her and a lot of patrons miss her too. I am happy she found something that works better for her...she deserved a little break...she is a nice girl and this might make her life a little easier. (always a good thing!) Now we are losing another person. B is retiring at the end of this month. She is in Reference 15-20 hrs a week and Circ the other 5-8. she also works very hard. I've always gotten along with her...although she is definitely a "by the book" person...and I follow rules...but also bend them sometimes if the situation calls for it. B will too...it just takes a lot more convincing! Sometimes things are more complicated than need be as far as I'm concerned. So...we are busy but not at our busiest....but now H is going back to school and will be available on a limited basis. Soooooooooooooooo that leaves Susan and I at the desk...with Kathy and Mona filling in. I am afraid my now only 2 hrs in Children's might get taken away...if it does...I will have to re think this whole job. No one has said anything yet...so for now I am trying to impress my new moms and kids with my spectacular programs! haha. Seriously...school's started, so some of my little friends have moved onto preschool and Kindergarten...and some new kids are moving up. I am enjoying every week I get to do my programs....and we'll see what happens. Tomorrow...books about, manners in the library, reading and school buses. And then we're making little school houses.
It's going to be fun!

1 comment:

Megan said...

impress those children and moms, they can't take storytime away from you! you guys need a page on facebook. But if it did go away, go work at a nursery!!!!