Thursday, September 9, 2010

Megan's visit

Labor Day was a total washout...it rained HARD almost all day. We did manage to get a walk in....but other than that...there was not much we could do but sleep I like sleeping...just not all day and read....I did have a good book. But I'll take a sunny day anytime!Tuesday was a long day to make up for the day off and catch up after being closed. We had lots of staff on hand...so it wasn't too crazy...but I was glad when my 6 hrs were up! Went home, ate and took it easy until about 11pm ,when we headed out to Orlando to pick up Megan and Marcus.
It wouldn't be a trip home without a trip to "our" Longdoggers on Post Road. We ran into LJ...and it was fun. Then we were off to the Golf course. Marcus and John were excited...Megan and I were a little skeptical...Megan more than I...because she hasn't swung a club in YEARS...me...just because I never know...hahaha

Figuring out what clubs to carry haul around. We played on the short course at Duran. It was the shortest course I've ever played on in my limited career as a golfer but it was perfect...9 short holes...just what Megan and I could handle!
What Form!

Marcus has a lot of power in his shots... so he had to adjust to the short course. There were storm clouds to the west of us...but they never made it all the way in to where we were...and a few clouds and a good breeze kept the temperature bearable.
Then...this morning,,,I went to work while John took Megan and Marcus offshore to try and catch a "birthday" fish for Marcus. (he turns 25 today) They went about 25 miles out and got two mahimahi...as well as a shark for Marcus and a barracuda for Megan
They stopped for lunch at Captain Hiram's and then raced the storms home. John cleaned the fish...everyone took a brief nap and then we took the fresh catch to Indialantic Longdoggers where we ordered fish tacos...minus the fish. The cooks fried up our fish and Voila!...fresh fish tacos. Of course we had to listen to Al give us a hard time...but even he sampled the fish. John M. joined us...then my brother Mark arrived on the scene...so we had fun.

Happy Birthday Marcus!

1 comment:

BKaminski said...

DAD told me that fish was 20 lbs not 20 inches lold