Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hey!!!!What happened to your hair?

Okay, so I was a little confused Monday when a patron I was checking out at the desk said to me..."I don't know, your hair keeps getting shorter and darker" looooooooooooooooong pause "I just don't know what to think....I just can't keep up with the changes" (as she's shaking her head. I had to look to see if she was kidding...she didn't appear to be ...she looked serious).....and all I can say is she has mistaken me for someone else because if you know me...you know the hair really hasn't changed........... I did have longer hair in Jr High and HIgh School, college and for awhile after kids...but see for yourself... which is also a good excuse to put some old photos on the blog haha
1957, that's me in the middle of Ellen and David
with John's sister Lucy and her husband Mac in 2008
with my nephew Ryan at Hilton head Disney.....Ryan just started college!
with my sisters (Anne, Jenifer,my Mom, Ellen, Elizabeth & Martha)at Jenifer's wedding rehearsal dinner
John & I with the girls on our houseboat trip to Kentucky 199?
Megan's college graduation-May 2006 (BCC) ERAU was in 2008
photo of Dianne and I at the Library that made it in to the Local news or as one friend called it many years ago...the "mullet wrapper" birdcage liner, etc..haha
Paul, Elizabeth and I when she was here for her reunion
Now there were a few minor variations over the years including one when I got my hair frosted (Megan was still in Jr High)...the reaction was lukewarm at best...haha and all I could think about was when my mom got her hair frosted...I vaguely remember a peach colored polyester suit in her wardrobe at that time...I'll leave that to your imagination...haha
and there was my "Cheerleader hair" attachment I sported at John's 50th Birthday our 25th Anniversary Prom party...by the end of the night the thing had been from one side of my head to the other...finally took it off...haha
and my one night as a blond at our last anniversary "White Trash Bowling Bash"
So...I think it's safe to say she definitely thinks I am someone else she knows/knew...because if she can't keep up with MY hairstyle changes...I just don't think there's any help for her! hahaha :D

4 comments:

BKaminski said...

HAHAH, I love this post. Also the paper missed the e on your name! I do like it when its a bit longer, like the house boat hair! Also I don't remember the frosting.....

Rupert said...

a. that was my CC graduation in May 2006, not 2008

b. the prom party was your 25 wedding anniversary, dad's 50th was the other party at the same location

annek said...

You are correct...by the way did you notice (again) that Brian and I have the same "cheerleader" hair...hahahaha...(I am getting out of control...I better go to bed!)

Anonymous said...

Check out David's bangs...that was pretty much par for the course with haircuts by Doris...haha