Monday, August 31, 2009

Milestones

Today was a big day....Megan found out what George Mason University was offering her...and it looks like she will be a student. They are giving tuition assistance and she will work 10 hrs a week as a research assistant. So...now she can breathe a little easier...so can we! Now I just need to get her to go buy some warm clothes.....Pensacola was colder than Indialantic...but she will actually experience fall and winter in DC. She got a coat a couple of weeks ago...that's a start! haha


My Dad was born on August 31st...in 1918. he's no longer here to celebrate with us...but I thought of him often today. Happy Birthday Dad!


Speaking of birthdays ....a good family friend....Mr. Spino will be celebrating his 90th birthday this Saturday. (This is a photo of him with his son Mark)We saw him and the family at mass on Saturday when we went to celebrate Brian and Maureen Hogg's 50th Anniversary. They renewed their vows....and it was nice. I love the small chapel at Holy Name Of Jesus Church. Actually like it better going to mass there...rather than in the big church with 999 or so other people.I love the window behind the altar.....I need John to figure out how to make me a small stained glass window......much smaller...than this obviously...haha



David got a nice photo of the whole family... Brian, Maureen and Elaine, Stephanie and Kevin and families....as soon as I can wrangle a copy from him...I'll post it here. Mr. and Mrs. Hogg both looked great! The best part of the renewing of the vows...was an older gentleman sitting in the front row...he had the biggest smile on his face...it was just priceless...if I could have somehow gotten his picture I would have...he was so cute! That grin...was the best!



And last but not least...my niece Anna B. started college today! She is at SUNY Binghamton. My sister and her husband (pres at SUNY Cortland) dropped her off on Wednesday...and today was her first day of classes. I remember how nervous/excited a little overwhelmed & homesick I felt when I went off to college at UF (back before Internet and cell phones...and in my family you did not make a long distance call unless it was an emergency!) It was the first time I had ever been away from home for any length of time...So I hope all goes well for Anna and Megan on their first days in new places! I'm sure they will do just fine...just like Brenna, Ian and David have done. (and Megan she's been through this before...just not as far away! Makes me nervous...not her...hahha)



Onto September!

No comments: