Sunday, August 31, 2014

A rocky time with Ballwinkle

August 11th was Mascot day at training camp...so there were a number of area mascots in attendance. They walked around the bleacher area where the fans were watching the practice and a few came in the tent. Most of them hung out over in the kids area....but one of them...."Ballwinkle" decided to visit everyone in the tent. He is the mascot for the minor league Binghamton Mets.
There are several family members who are not terribly fond of assorted characters like clowns, unicorns and giant creatures at theme parks....you know who you are...hahahah and Ellen is one of them.  However she was a pretty good sport when Ballwinkle came over to pay us a visit.
We didn't exactly discourage him from joining us...but we weren't seeking him out either. However, he found us...and decided to hang out for a while. I have been known to attract the oddballs in the crowd...hahah...at bars, nightclubs, etc. I like to believe it's because I look friendly...not because I look weird! hahahah At any rate...they always seem to find me. Even the big furry mascot ones....
                       Doesn't Ellen look like she's having fun!/ hahahahahahahahahahahahah
What you can't see is Anna, who was sitting on the other side of the table laughing hysterically...which made me laugh and only encouraged Ballwinkle to keep it up.
                                       He's just lucky Marcus and John weren't around....hahah
Ellen was probably glad he quit pestering her and moved on to my side of the table...
I did "play" along with him...talked on the banana phone, danced...because I figured  some little kids might be watching and I wanted them to know it was just for fun. No one there knew me...so why not...
poor Ellen!
 Luckily after this last "stunt' he moved on to some other people.....and left us alone. I did get a good laugh out of the whole thing...and I don't know if anyone else was watching...or if he did the same thing with anyone else....I'm just glad he didn't hang around us the whole time!
Just another day at training camp......

No comments: