Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pirate Plunder Marathon 2 miler

John and I participated in the Pirate Plunder marathon 2 Miler tonight. We laughed when we were at The Mansion afterwards for a bite to eat and the young lady asked
"Oh, Did you guys run in the Marathon?"
 "Yes...yes we did."...hahah I told her it was actually only a two mile race...but I don't think she heard me.
We decided to participate after L.J. suggested it a few weeks back. This was the 3rd annual race...but the first time it was hosted by Meg O'Malleys. Meg's was a perfect spot for a Pirate themed race to start and finish. Some of the staff dressed up, the local radio station had their "Pirate Ship" on site and many racers dressed up for the event. The best I could come up with was a black and white striped shirt...haha. As usual...I walked the route...but I walked two miles in 27:12.1 minutes. Not bad. I had the usual walk/runners trying to beat me...but I made up my mind to get past two different groups of them and finally left them behind... with a bout 1/4 mile to go. I had fun watching a family in front of me ,haha the little boy was being urged on by mom and dad...they were ahead me, behind, ahead...(ultimately finished ahead of me)...so I got to watch the kid. He stopped to examine a piece of trash...which was part of a light from the nearby construction barrier...his mom scolded him...he dropped it. Next stop...a big puddle...haha...he was having fun...till his mom noticed....he almost got into another puddle a little further along...but it was too far off the "path" to be able to get to it un-noticed.. He'd run...stop, walk...etc...looked to be about 4 or 5 years old...he did it all himself...unlike some of the other little kids who got piggy-back rides or had someone carrying them by the end. I believe they said there were 959 people registered....so that was a great turn out for a good cause....The MORGAN Project.



They had food and drinks afterwards...but rather than hang around for that...we opted to head down the road to The Mansion for a tasty Roast Beef and Horseradish Cheddar sandwich. It was a good evening. My day started out with a bike ride that came to a sudden end when my chain popped off and I could NOT get it back on. I gave up when I cut my finger trying...blood dripping, greasy black fingers and one frustrated person (me!). I called David (I was riding to his house when I broke down)...he picked me and the bike up and delivered us back home. I parked my bike, adjusted the seat on John's and rode HIS bike instead. I think I just need a tune-up...the chain popped off last week, but that time I got it back on pretty quickly.

In other news...the wedding plans are coming together. The dress is in...ready to go, hair and make-up scheduled, David finished making us a poster for the "Photo Booth"...it looks great! RSVPs are coming in...and while  there are some disappointments...there are  plenty of yeses to keep us excited....and we are now only 5 weeks away form the big day!!

No comments: