Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Long Week


 It's been a long week....the bombing in Boston had us all glued to the TV for updates. A few times I just turned it off when I heard comments like " The police have a suspect, he may be alive or dead"...
Okay...what else would he be? I know they all just wanted to be the first to break the story...but it does get a little ridiculous Even so...it was hard not to "stay tuned".
 Tuesday I spent the entire day in bed with a migraine....which is just frustrating. I have no idea what triggered it...had one last week too..... The only plus if you can call it that was that I had a routine Dr. visit scheduled on Thursday. I decided Tuesday evening to get a different prescription for migraine medication.I don't want to wake up the day of Megan's wedding with a headache and hope it goes away. My (generic) Imitrex doesn't seem to do the trick. I have tried Somig (source will remain anonymous...haha) and it worked the few times I took it...so I asked to switch to that. Now...I knew I would have to pay for it...because my insurance only pays for generic....what I DID NOT know is that my SIX pills were going to cost me $300.00!!!!!!!!!! That is $50.00 a headache....I don't know if it's that good....but I'm willing to pay this time...so I can rest easy and not worry about feeling like crap the day of the wedding if I wake up with a headache.
 We've been watching our birds out front...I don't know why I enjoy it so much...but I do. Love how the mother bird flies back and forth and tries to take a different route each time to throw off the predators. John saw a cat lurking around yesterday...the birds were squawking and dive bombing him. He heard the racket and looked to see what all the noise was about...then spotted the cat low to the ground...trying to sneak in...until it finally had to make a break for it.
the "puppy"
 Thursday night we went over to Chris and Heather's for some sushi. Ron and crew got some tuna on Tuesday...so we've had good, fresh tuna the last couple of days. We bought a couple of pounds and made plans to share it with Chris and Heather, Mike and Denise. Chris rolled it up...Heather relaxed...she's still recovering from her broken leg. (really broke it badly in December...now has plates and screws and a couple scary looking scars....but it's healing well. Still has to use one crutch...can't put full weight on it...but she's lucky; she had a great Dr. who was able to put it back together for her.) We all ate and enjoyed the evening.


                     Brittany and M were there...so we all got to hold the baby! J loved it!


trying to get comfortable with E



                                        Good food, good friends...a baby! haha It was great!
And last...but not least....I got a new pair of glasses! First time in my life I've needed prescription glasses...(or I guess I should say...first time in my life I've had). Last week I went in to get my eyes checked...I knew they were getting past the point of the cheap readers...but didn't know for sure how bad they were. I told them "It's been a while since I was here last"...ahem...they informed me I was last there in 2002! Okay...time flies...I was thinking more like 4 or 5...not 11! And I am now the owner of some Progressive lens glasses....testing them out and trying not to give myself a headache in the process....it's going to be an adjustment! Once I figure out where to look and when to shift my line of sight I think I'll be fine.....I've already got the distance part down...it's the middle and reading part that's a challenge so far. But...life will be easier...now that I can see well again!

No comments: