Thursday, June 21, 2012

Super Heroes in training




Today we  had fun at the library when we hosted a Super Hero Training Camp. I got the idea for some super hero fun from a party my nephew had  (about 9 years ago...which is hard to believe). I remember not only how much fun Jenifer had planning it...but hearing her tell me how much fun the boys and girls who attended the party had. My favorite was her friend who called to RSVP..... she identified herself and said, "Batman will be there!" Hahaha I love that. When we were talking about possible programs...I suggested a Super Hero Saturday...which evolved into the program we had today. We found some party ideas online and made our program.
Some of the kids wore their superhero costumes...and I love one boy's shirt that said : My cape is in the wash.
First order of business was to sign in...tell us what super hero they were and what their super power was.  Next everyone got to make a mask....blue with two stars and a lightning bolt. Glitter paint for extra pizzazz...that was a big hit. (I am" modeling" (haha) the one my friend Ellie made.) I also had my very own cape (ordered from ETSY) with a big A...super librarian Anne!
Next each child was given a checklist of tasks to perform in order to become a super hero. For example : the tunnel crawl, go through the maze, lift the giant rock, knock down the brick wall, lift the barbells over your head 10 times and save the baby by walking through the flaming lava pit (my favorite!). We had coloring sheets available and children could stop and pose behind the Superman picture.As you can see from the photos we had a  BLAST!!  When the tasks were completed we went into the next room for some super treats...red and yellow (mostly) fruit snacks and some Life Savers candies. We plan to make up a certificate for each of  the participants...listing their name, super power, etc...they should enjoy them.
We're doing this again in July...can't wait!

1 comment: