Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a GREAT day! I had the day off...the county gives employees one personal holiday a year...so I even got paid! I got so much done in one day! My first stop was the post office where I went to mail a package. Naturally there was a line...but you can't go to a post office in mid December and NOT expect a line. when I got to the counter I was paying by check...I handed the man my license and he said "Oh..it's her birthday! Come on everybody"...and then they all sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a fun way to start the day. Later in the day I went to read at my friend Amy's class...the boys and girls all made me birthday cards. I loved it!Our friends Mike and Denise had made arrangements with a local bar to allow us to come in and play our music one night...it just so happens their slow nights are Tuesdays...and my birthday happened to be on Tuesday this year...so my celebration was at The Monkey Bar.
The plan was to be there from 6-11 or so. I knew none would really be there at 6pm...so I expected most people to come around 7-7:30pm. My friend Heather and I got together and made our play list. Just like Santa we made a list and I checked it twice 3,4, too many times!haha Our "main" CD included Respect, Friday I'm in Love, Human, Tesla Girl, Bizarre Love Triangle, Hey Ladies, Insane in the Membrane, Once in a Lifetime, And So It Goes, I'm Gonna be (500 miles), Blood Pressure, Just Can't Get enough, Safety Dance, Wild Wild Life, Tainted Love and Sex on Wheelz. That was just one hour...We danced all night! which is exactly what I wanted to do.

John got me a cake and some balloons
Mike and Denise got me these beautiful flowers...and some champagne of course...which the bartender let us keep behind the bar...very nice of the owner to let us do that.
Just our speakers and a cd player (and a back-up)...and John was in control of the remote.


Not everyone danced...but there were pool tables, air hockey, Foosball, etc to keep the non dancers busy. haha




Lighting the candles so we could have some cake...a Lemon Infusion Cake from Publix...never had one before...it was GOOD!My night ended with a few minutes on the porch where I caught a glimpse of 6 shooting stars!...then the clouds moved in...but 6 was good enough.
so I guess if getting older is inevitable...we might as well have fun along the way. I feel pretty good this morning...just tired feet! Several people asked if we were doing it all again next week for John's birthday...the answer to that is...I don't think so....hahaha

No comments: