Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

It will come as no surprise to my family and friends that read this blog...that I am having trouble getting it to do exactly what I want it to do tonight. I had hoped to add a few more photos...but can't seem to get them to download...so I'm going to go ahead with what I've got so far. We had a great Christmas Day here in Indialantic. Both Brenna and Megan were able to come home this year. We decided that because we enjoyed the brunch down at Disney's Vero Beach Resort last year...we were going to go again this year.
It was a beautiful (a little warm) day...so we had a nice ride down A1A. we got there early to check out the gingerbread display. This year it was a beach theme...(I think) Cute!
Tiki huts, Girls in bikinis and grass skirts, Santa riding in a red convertible (with the top down of course)
and then we went upstairs to look down at the real beach.

Anne, Brenna, Goofy, Megan and John
Here are the girls and I out front
Here's where I go off track a little... this was earlier in the day...Haze after "opening" his gift.
Christmas Eve we went to mass at 8:00 errr...make that 8:30...(flyer was sent out with the wrong time...so they compromised and started at 8:20pm. After that John, Megan and I ventured up to Verbenia Ct in Satellite Beach to walk around the cul-de-sac and see all the lights that the neighborhood puts up every year.
ooops, here we are again....,
There were lots of lights,music, cars, people on bikes,
on foot...having parties in the driveways
all getting us in the holiday spirit.

Megan's favorite flamingo lights. She bought some for herself this year...there's one on her porch up in DC...but that bird's a little chilly
It was a nice Christmas Eve...started at Long Doggers with all the Tebow fans...watching the game and AL...then mass, then the lights. I stayed up to bake a coffee cake and get things ready for breakfast. Christmas morning we got up, ate, opened gifts, watched the little boy across the street checking out his new Little Tikes fort...fun! Took a walk with John, a bike ride with Brenna and then went down for our dinner.We all had a great time.

No comments: