Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shuttle landing!


I am so excited....for the first time ever I got to watch the shuttle as it made it's way back to land at the Cape! we've seen it carried back on the Boeing jet Depending on the route it's taking...you can always hear the sonic boom (like a double boom from a large firework) BOOM BOOM....but I have never been able to SEE it....until today. it figures...there are only two launches left! But it was so exciting!...I looked out into the clear blue sky and I heard the booms and then I spotted it off in the distance....I knew it was the Shuttle because (for obvious reasons there wasn't going to be any other air traffic in the area!) It was heading north towards the cape then it looped around to the south...for a few minutes I thought hoped that maybe it was going to come directly over my house...hahaha...which it did not....but it was so cool! You will have to use your imagination to understand how exciting it was to see this little tiny thing off in the distance in my photo...hahaha...but it's there!
An it was really really cool...for lack of a better word!

No comments: