Monday, November 9, 2009

The Case of the Missing Keys


The Case of the Missing Keys....or you could call it Anne temporarily loses her mind!
Aggggh! I had to work Saturday...(which is never a good thing...hahaa) and I really wasn't having a problem with that, usually we only get scheduled for one Saturday a month. My problem was that I left my keys at the little get-together we attended Friday night. I was not aware that I had left them, because John also had keys with him that night...and when it was time to leave he handed me the keys and off we went.
Saturday morning I had good intentions always of getting up in plenty of time to exercise, eat a good breakfast that would hold me until I got off of work 5 hours later well....as usual the plans didn't quite work out...but I was doing okay. Problem number 1 was when I realized that the clock in my room was NOT 10 minutes fast like I like it...(don't ask...it's a mental thing) it was actually only 5 minutes fast because John had reset it the night before. he asked me what time I wanted and I THOUGHT he agreed...but discovered otherwise the next morning. For the record...he just can't understand WHY I want it set fast.,..instead of just getting up 10 minutes earlier...which of course makes perfect sense...but I don't care...I just like feeling like I have some extra time.
now that we have that straight So I was a little aggravated when I discovered that I was only 5, not 10 minutes ahead of the game...then I went to get my keys.........and that is when the meltdown started. hahha I looked in all the "normal" spots...I am usually careful to keep them on the key rack...because I have been known to set things down when I'm distracted and then it isn't good! Not on the rack, not on the dresser, not in the purse, closet,bag, desk...you name it. OKay...now I started getting nervous...because my built in 10 make that 5 minute window had evaporated and I still had no keys, no spare and John was already gone and working at our friends house in Melbourne. I called John in a panic (not very nicely I might add)... I believe the conversation started with me telling him the clock was set wrong and now I couldn't find my keys...blah blah blah...I was close to tears....Luckily John stayed calm....John didn't yell back at me...he told me to take a deep breath, call Susan and tell her I was running late, and he would be on his way home with a key. I did those things and then started getting creative in my search...went through the trash (already out at the curb for pick up)....(I knew I had them when I got home from the store right before we went out Friday....)not there. They were just GONE! John brought me a key...I got to work 25 minutes later....and when I got home we decided maybe I had left them at the party and someone had found them when they were cleaning up. I called Gayle and sure enough they had found some keys. Thank God!....I seriously thought I was really losing it this time! Secretly I was glad to know they weren't sitting in some obvious spot in my house the whole time.....(at least I know I really did a thorough check). So...the mystery is solved....and I hope I don't have another one to solve any time soon!