Thursday, June 25, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

What a difference a day can make....Tuesday was NOT a good day for me. I'm really not sure what was so bad about it...but at the end of the day I had a headache, my feet were hurting and I just didn't feel good. Work was a little frustrating...I like my job...but I sometimes find myself in the middle of things. I usually work in the Youth services area...but 4 hours a week I'm at the Front desk (Circulation Dept) and sometimes I have to fill in at the Reference Desk(because I used to work Reference and they know I can. I don't mind helping out...but it's frustrating when everyone else is deciding what I can or can't do...without necessarily asking me first! So...Tuesday...bad day... I was glad when it was over. But Wednesday was a whole different story....I filled in for Dianne...did the Lap Time and Toddler Time programs and we had some fun! First group was very small...but TT I had about 20. We sang, read stories, and made some cute little hats for the 4th of July.




When I got home I took a nice bike ride and then I started cooking. I made a favorite marinade for chicken......usually we make shish-ka-bobs...but last night we just had the chicken, It reminded me how much we like this recipe.........


Shish-Ka-Bobs

1 1/2/ lbs chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes







15 oz pineapple chunks-drain and save the juice

* or you can use a small can of pineapple juice like I do





1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder

1 TBSP light brown sugar

2 tsp ground ginger

1 TBSP dry mustard

1/4 tsp ground pepper


Mix 1/2 cup pineapple juice with the first seven ingredients. Place in sauce pan, stir and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Stir occasionally and turn chicken.



If making shish-ka-bobs.....skewer chicken chunks with onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers and pineapple chunks as desired.

This makes delicious chicken...try it out.

While I was mixing away I was listening to music and dancing around the kitchen...and I just felt good! I also made some Frosted Banana Bars (originally from Darby at on her blog Fly through My Window)

I finished off the day watching the movie The Secret Life of Bees.....enjoyed the book a few years ago and the movie was good too.

Today I had 25 kids and their Moms, Babysitters, Grandparents and Dads....a little bit of everything. We had fun! Tomorrow it's time for some puppets and songs. Fun! Fun! Fun!




1 comment:

BKaminski said...

aw the crowns are adorable!