Monday, March 27, 2017

Party recap

It's almost the end of March.....so I guess it's  about time I shared pictures and stories from "60's Party the Sequel"
While I did not spend quite as much time planning ahead on this one šŸ˜ If you know me, you know I was working on it. Hahaha One thing different about this year's party was that it seemed like everyone else was excited and talking early on.... I guess I hyped it up enough last year that this go round there was already built in hype....that was a plus. The people who seemed to be the most excited were the ones who came last year, but for whatever reason , including for some, a late invitation, didn't really get into the whole costume part of the party. This time...they were all in...and had fun talking about and planning this year's plan. That was one of the best parts for me, seeing other people get as excited as I was and having as much fun getting ready for the party, as they did actually attending the party!šŸ˜Š
I was  a little reluctant at first to have a party with the same theme...sequels never seem to turn out as well as the first event...but so many people said "we have to do this again"....that I had to agree. Haha (it's not hard to convince me to have a party hahaha) Also...the fact that we already had all the decorations, plenty of plates, flatware and cups to use and a ready to go playlist...it made sense. Of course...since this was MY party hahah, I got to tweak the playlist šŸŽµšŸŽ¶ a little so it was more suited to my taste. I took a few songs out that John had requested, and added several new songs that I preferred...so that was nice  :) I bought a few more things to use as decorations and as a result I still enjoyed the preparations.

Porcupine Cheese Ball-just like in The Astronaut Wive's Club
We opted to wait until after the holidays to have this year's party. Last year the calendar kind of worked out perfectly for the January 2nd date...but this time we decided to wait until late in January, giving everyone a little time in between the Christmas and New Year's holidays and our party.
I was  a little nervous about how many people would be coming...since last year we had over 100 people at our house and we were pretty much a full house. Because everyone was talking about it, I was thinking we might even get more this year.
 As it turned out...right off the bat we had about 20 fewer people, because a lot of my family was not going to be able to make it. Ellen, Erik and Anna made plans to come from New York, but for  the rest of the gang from out of state  this year's party was not going to fit it into their schedules.

 We had about 15 people to ADD to the list...so , so far, so good. In the end I worried for nothing, because we ended up with about 35-40 fewer people total. It made it much easier to get around the house...that's for sure! Plenty of room for dancing and getting from room to room.

plenty of great food!
 I didn't have my family to dance with...hahaha but we had some people that danced all night, so I was happy.

Dancing with Spock and rookie Bob G
 We had fun! One girl had a tambourine as part of her costume, and we had fun passing it around. Almost everyone who was dancing had it at one point or another.
There were a lot of great costumes...almost everyone got into the spirit of things!
Gogo girls, Spock and Jackie Kennedy
Hugh and Bridget





when these two walked in someone asked "What are they? Viet Cong?" (nope just to castaways from Gilligan's Island) hahahaha and they had NO idea what I was talking about when they asked me to guess what they were supposed to be and I laughed and said someone thought they might be VC.

a little more room to get around this year




Jeannie and Major Nelson stopped by

a bunny, a hippie, Lilly P and me






a 60's Dad, an pilot/astronaut, a nighclub singer and James Dean????





Jackie and a hippie

"Carnac the Magnificent"







So...the sequel was fun...not as big as the original...but a fun time was had by all. LOTS of dancing, lots of food and beer, plenty of wine, a little bit of pingpong, and plenty of laughs.Now we are going to have to wait for someone else to turn 60, so we can get everything back out again sometime..Or...try to come up with the next party idea.......maybe a Halloween party???????

No comments: