Saturday, April 30, 2016

Good Intentions

As the song goes "It's hard to rely on my good intentions"......because I've been meaning to write, but some how I always manage to find other things to do. It's not that I've been so busy....I haven't, but it has been SO nice out lately...sitting inside at the computer is not a high priority. This morning, I woke up after a great night's sleep, last thing I remember is I was dreaming about some sort of party...hahaha....how could you not wake up happy. hahahah
As April comes to an end ,I realize (again) how fast time seems to be slipping away. So the I-pod is on the dock, I'm rocking out and enjoying my coffee (and the birds out back)...and I'm going to try to get motivated.
Back on April 9th...we attended a wedding. We have known the bride since she was 2-3 years old. It wasn't a BIG wedding, so it was really nice to be included on the guest list. And boy did she get lucky....the weather was ABSOLUTELY perfect for a wedding at Sebastian Inlet Beach Park.

Courtney and her family spent many weekends down at SI State Park, fishing, boating and swimming on the sandbar, etc, so it was the perfect place for her to get married.

For Courtney...being by the beach, with  her feet in the sand, guests in short sleeves and flip flops....it was just the type of nice relaxed celebration she had hoped for.
It was so relaxed...they had a hard time getting half the people to come inside and eat! hahahah The brides parents and family made the dinner and all the appetizers. Naturally there were fish dips and fresh fish salads, along with the usual fare. For dinner, Mike make Seafood Alfredo,; made with plenty of lobster and crab that he caught.  Everything was delicious, made even better because we all knew the time and effort Mike and Denise spent getting all together for Courtney's big day.
our little friend Julia ( this picture was taken by her grandmother Georgette)
My hair was kind of a mess...because it was breezy down on the beach...but no one was paying attention to me. I had the perfect "beach" dress...laughed when I heard the colors were coral and blue....I was waiting for a chance to wear this dress!
"Uncle " Steve
The back deck was a great place to sit...before and after the wedding. Before...you could watch all the activity as people gathered around where the ceremony was going to take place. If you didn't want to watch the people you could watch fishermen, boats and beach goers nearby.
                              or you could be like the bride's nephew and play in the sand. :)




            The actual ceremony was pretty brief...the bride's brother-in-law was the "official". The groom had a hard time keeping it together...that was sweet.
                                      And then it was time for the celebration and dinner.
big sister and her family

other big sister and nephews
happy Mom and Dad knowing their daughter has found a great guy
Aunts, cousins, friends





As you can see we had a nice time celebrating with Courtney and James and their family. Her family is like me...they like celebrating! We have been to many parties at their house over the years. As we get older, the parties have gotten a bit smaller  and less crazy...hahaha but always fun! It's always nice to be part of a special celebration like a wedding.
We had to laugh at one point...we were talking to some other guests and the woman said..."Okay...I am officially getting old"...(the younger guests were enjoying the open bar and fooling around on the deck) and her first thought was "Oh that's not a good idea, maybe they shouldn't do that" hahaha.
I have to admit...the bride and her friends were having a pretty good time...and it's been a long time since I've been to a wedding where guest were drinking like that....but no one was out of control and they were having a great time....so I guess it's true...we are getting a little old. hahahaha
That was the highlight for the month of April. Last week we went to the annual Art Festival; and it was okay...enjoyed watching the people as much or more than I did looking at the artwork.
Next month we are headed to another wedding in TN...it should be interesting. we don't know the bride that well...but Brenna is in the wedding and it was nice of her to include John and I. While we are there...we'll skip over to visit John's sister and her family in Knoxville and Pigeon Forge. We get to meet our great nieces...so I am looking forward to that. Haven't been to TN in May in a very long time...so that will be fun too. Just a couple of weeks after that we head to upstate NY to celebrate with my nephew and his wife. They got married back in October...but few family members were able to make it...so we will enjoy celebrating with them in June! I feel like I am on the "wedding circuit"...almost like the wedding crashers...hahahah (We'll see how many times we hear " Celebrate!"or whatever that song is called...hahaha )
*they did not play it at Courtney's wedding  :)....her music tastes (and her Dad's) are more similar to mine...hahhah...however someone did try to "booty" dance with me...I just played dumb...HAHAHAHA John got a kick out of that.....hahha

No comments: