Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Nothing can top last year...but this one was good

Last year we celebrated Megan and Marcus's wedding on Mother's Day. It was a great way to spend the day..even though some people questioned it... And I don't think any future Mother's Day will be able to top that...but this year was pretty good.

John, Brenna, Megan & Marcus surprised me with this KitchenAid Mixer. I have always wanted one...but never bought one for myself. Megan knew this and suggested to John and Brenna that they all pitch in and get one for me. Good idea! I will enjoy using this for a long, long time!
We decided to brave the crowds and go out to eat. We went  to brunch at Matt's Casbah. There was a line going in...but once everyone was seated, there was no problem getting through the line. They seem to have a pretty good system. Everything was pretty tasty and we enjoyed ourselves.
           Josh got a cake pop...it was stuck to his plate...Brenna insisted on a picture...hahah
Places have gotten smarter over the years...they offer lots of smaller sized dessert options...that way you can have several and not waste too much. I tried the Strawberry Bread pudding, Lemon-Raspberry shooter, and some of the Berry Spinach Salad.
We had to go check out/show off John's handiwork in front of Meehan's Store. This tile work is about 35 years old...look at that perfectly centered pattern!
After that we went home and everyone but me ended up taking a nap! I read up on my new mixer, talked to Megan and took a bike ride.
 
                                                        Here I am posing with my girls.....hahah
That evening John and I rode our bikes down to LongDoggers for a light dinner. Ran in to the usual gang and enjoyed talking to everyone. All in all, it was a very nice, relaxing, fun day. And I ate well!!!!

No comments: