Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Trip To the Mountains

View from my window
Centerpiece...one of Kathie's many decorations around the house
lots of colors
Out on the deck we were surrounded by trees. Lots of yellows...that got deeper yellow as the days went by.
Temperatures were nice and cool...40's in the morning...60's during the day. Mostly clear skies while we were there. We did have some rain during the drive up from Atlanta and it continued the next morning...but when it cleared up...the sky was BLUE!
many different birds were enjoying the bird feeder on the porch...a little more variety than I have in Florida.
view down near the clubhouse...I loved the row of red trees
coming down the path on our walk
I liked the pop of color in the green
Each time I went out for a walk I had to have my camera ready. I was snapping away...I just couldn't help myself...haha I loved the colors. I stopped along the way to collect various colored leaves. Tried to find different shapes and colors...it was kind of  like going to the beach  and collecting shells. Once I started looking...it was hard to quit. But at the end of the day I looked them over and took a picture of my favorites.
John was patient with me...every time I stopped and said "Look at that one!" he went along with it...haha
He held the phone while I took pictures...or held leaves while I got  my camera out...etc I missed seeing the leaves the last two years...it was great to go back!
This trip I was determined to see a little more of the area...waterfalls, etc. We made it a point to take a few easy hikes. Decided I needed to spend time outdoors, enjoying the beauty...not just going into town to shop and eat...but don't worry...we did that too. haha All over town were pumpkins, scarecrows, haystacks, flowers, etc giving everything a very festive look.
Tomorrow I'll post some pictures from our hike on a new trial that just opened in April.

No comments: