Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Magical Mondays and Terrific Tuesday

 Wispy clouds on Monday made me think of a co-worker who always arrives Monday mornings and says "It's Magical Monday".

Whether or not the day turned out to be magical...well...I don't know...but it wasn't bad.
And speaking of co-workers...we had a surprise party for Sue and Dianne today; both of whom have new grandchildren. I found a set of baby shower plates, napkins, etc...with a Dr. Seuss theme. Perfect for librarians don't you think? We kept it pretty simple...because we didn't have too much time. We open at noon on Tuesdays...so we had about 45 minutes from start to finish.

 The decorations were cute and colorful.. we had coffee, cake and juice...but I had to get some colored goldfish crackers to go along with the theme.

 and I put my fish bowls  (that happen to have red, blue, green and yellow fish swimming around the rim)to use... by filling them with blue and pink candies. (those Cookies and Creme Kisses...were really good. White chocolate with crunchy cookie bits...YUM!)
This cake almost qualifies for a Cake wreck entry...those balloons look a little like sperm...don't you think?

Well...back to the party...both ladies got some nice gifts for their grandchildren. Dianne planned to re-wrap everything so her daughter-in-law could open them tonight. The little outfits she got were so cute...especially a dinosaur print little suit with matching bib and dino feet socks. Also some little  plaid shorts and matching top in orange , yellow and green. (Actually everything was really cute...little, tigers, frogs, trucks and monkeys!) Sue got some sweet little girl things for her granddaughter... my favorite...I think the leggings with little tutu attached, plenty of pink and ruffled clothes..."Gram" will enjoy taking her out in.
It was nice...neither of them had any idea we were planning this...and I think they were both surprised and touched by all the gifts.
As for me....I had fun getting decorations together...and best of all Cake from Publix....tasty even if it wasn't the greatest looking thing.


1 comment:

BKaminski said...

OMG those "balloons" haha