Monday, June 3, 2013

I Could Have Danced all Night...oh wait...I did...

 John and Megan dancing to "Ballerina Out of Control" by  The Ocean Blue. when Megan was little they used to dance around to this song...Megan on John's feet...Everyone kept telling them this wasn't really a dance song...and they almost changed to something else...but then both of them said (at different times...to me) "You know what...I don't care...I like that song." and so they went with it. This was one of the times during the day that I almost cried...it made me teary eyed watching them...because they looked like they were having fun and I like the song too!
 This might have been the start of the dancing..."Let's Dance"  David Bowie.
 Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough"...maybe...that was up next...I figured everyone knew that one! Brenna and I got a laugh when a friend of hers saw this photo and wondered if we were doing the Chicken Dance. hahahaha no...just Jeni doing some fancy footwork...haha

 Then we just had some fun...one of my sisters-in-law commented at one point that she didn't recognize any of the songs...she said"I've never even heard any of those songs...but apparently everyone else has...because not only are they dancing...they're singing all the words too!" (I believe she might have been talking about the song "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People)...although we were all out there singing along to a lot of the songs...that's just the way it is....haha
                                 My goal was to get everyone out on the dance floor at least once!...
Tony getting into the 80's spirit


                         Things were slowing down a little...when Art jumped in and started his dance!
 Can't remember which song......................................................................................................................
                     David was dancing in his chair....... to "Lisztomania" by  Phoenix

 And then "Train in Vain" by The Clash came on and everyone was dancing...we turned it into a 3 song set by The Clash. The last hour...started with " "Should I Stay or Should I Go"...looks like we were definitely all staying! After that the play list went rogue...haha...we added a few songs people wanted to hear...like "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. We also played "Brown-Eyed Girl" by Jimmy Buffett( always a good one) and "Gettin Jiggy With It" by Will Smith(never before heard on one of my play lists...haha Once people were dancing...we just wanted to keep it going...
Bill was happy...he finally heard a song he knew! haha

The last song of the night was "Love and Luck" by Jimmy Buffett. At Gayle M's suggestion Megan and Marcus got in the middle and we all made a circle around them...of course we all had to sing and clap along! The funniest thing was Gayle made the suggestion...but when the song started she was not in the circle...I had to go round her up! haha  It was great fun! "With a little love and luck we will get by........................................"

No comments: