Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mug malfunction

 So this is how my day started. I selected a mug, filled it up and was all ready to go. When I picked it up off the counter all of the sudden the only thing left in my hand was the handle....I guess we have banged it one too many times or something. I've never experienced anything like this...haha. Thank goodness it fell onto the edge of the rug...so it cracked but did not shatter into a million pieces.
 Coffee went flying....a few chips of the mug...but not too bad all in all. Of course in the coming days  I will probably find coffee stains in places I never thought to look....
it's also a good thing that I am off today...I can only imagine if I had been running around trying to get ready AND clean up the mess.
We got some much needed rain this  morning...it's been awhile. I don't like gray skies...but the rain is good. I had arranged to go read to Amy's class today...and what better day for it than a rainy morning with no recess. Her class is pretty well behaved (as far as I can tell from my visits ...that is...haha) They seem receptive to just about anything I bring...so I had a variety of books in my bag today.
Janet Stevens and her sister Susan wrote this book. I love the illustrations in Janet Stevens' books...

like this close up of the dog's face.....when he's tired of naps...hahah
Find a Cow Now! was about a restless herding dog...with nothing to herd...and he was driving the other house pet...a bird...crazy. The bird tells the dog to go find a cow! He finds lots of animals...finally finds a cow...and herds it...but not exactly the way you might expect. Silly...but cute.
An old favorite by Leo Lionni. I probably have  mentioned this one before. Three frog friends...one finds an egg. The "Know-it-all" Marilyn (who has never seen a chicken) decides it is a chicken's egg. I love Leo Lionni's stories...cute little tales that teach a subtle lesson.
I'm not sure if this is a new book at our library...but I know I have never seen it before. The illustrations caught my attention.
when 999 tadpoles turn into frogs...as father frog puts it "We have a situation." Cute story about the dangers in the world for frogs...and how they manage to make it to their new home. The kids liked this one.
Farmer tries unsuccessfully to outsmart the rabbits.

And lastly a St. Patrick's Day story...with a good message about figuring out what's really important. Winning the contest....or giving it up to help someone in need......and a cute leprechaun too.
As I said...a gloomy morning...turned out to be not so bad...because I had something fun to do. It's always nice to go read and watch the kids enjoying the stories... and watching their teacher enjoying a few minutes for a break...haha And my day is about to get even better...because I am heading out for a massage in a few minutes..... Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Rupert said...

Dammit you broke my West Florida libraries mug!