Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2012

 Well Christmas has come and gone and as usual, time seems to be moving forward at record speed. We celebrated less than a week ago...but it seems like much longer. Oh well...I guess I really am getting old...haha We enjoyed a kind of quiet Christmas day with Rob, Shane, Brenna, Megan and Paul. A small ham from Honey Baked Ham and a Roast Beef along with the usual sides served us well. My favorite was the Sweet Potato Pudding (recipe from Bon Appetit a couple of years ago.). It's sweet potatoes mashed with a little bit of sugar, half and half and orange juice. Topped with a gingerbread crumb crust. It's good...not too sweet...and we were able to make it Gluten-free for Megan. I ate all the leftovers over the next few days :)
We also had time to go over some details for the wedding. The DJ/Planner had sent us some checklists to fill in. Kind of like who is going to do what, when etc. What song(s) we want for different time during the ceremony, before the ceremony...etc, etc. We  (Brenna, Shane, Megan and I) were talking about the play list and then like a scene  from a (bad)(haha) movie...we all started dancing at the table and then around the table. It was fun. We all agreed the 4 songs we listened to were MUSTS for the dance set! Shane has also been officially added to my list of "motivational" dancers...haha I made Megan try on the dress my friend Lisa brought over. I had mentioned the frustrating search for a dress...and Lisa generously said..."What size is she? She can wear my dress...she can do whatever she wants to it...it's already been through several weddings....(4?6?...I can't remember how many people she said have used it.). Well...one look at the puffy sleeves and the large bow on the rear-end...and we knew it was unlikely...but Lisa had dropped it off...and I have not had the chance to go dress shopping with Megan...so I told her to humor me and try it on. It fit perfectly...length and size...(of course...try on 50 dresses that DON"T fit and someone gives you one that fits perfectly...and IS the ivory color we also wanted) Anyway...Megan has already ordered a dress...so we knew she wouldn't need one...

 but we all agreed minus the sleeves and the bow...it was a nice dress and it certainly fit well. Pretty beading Nice train...but that would get in the way of dancing....

                                                  looks like something from Dynasty....haha


          Oh my! I don't remember this on Lisa...the bow part that is...I remember she looked nice

Karen, Anne,Lisa and Dixie- some of the Oak Ridge gang at Lisa's wedding
So here's what the view coming down the aisle could've  been...check back after May 12th to see the alternative...haha
 You can't really see it in the photo...but I had puffed sleeves on too...June 1990.
 It was nice of Lisa to offer the dress.

2 comments:

Rupert said...

Awesome, did you send the link to Lisa? If not, you must. And that picture of us at the table is really good.

Unknown said...

I fall in LOVE you so pretty un that wedding dress Instagram marcoclassmaster