Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Graduation celebration

Unfortunately this is the only picture I took with Austin (the graduate) in it...and it's slightly out of focus...but here's the proud graduate and his (even prouder)...mom. Chuck and Pat have an annual crayfish party and this year it coincided with Austin's graduation celebration.
The tents covered the tables used for the food and games. In between boils...they hosed the table off and played "football"....with crayfish as the players.
Inside Pat had the Orange and Blue theme going.
Cake! and cupcakes....of course I had to have one. (I liked the dancing graduates decorating the cupcakes.) Actually cake was almost all I did eat...haha as I can't handle the spicy food...it was tempting...but I didn't have any crayfish, okra, sausage,corn, lemon, onion or potatoes. I ate some bread...hahah. But everyone else made up for me NOT having any...haha There were 5 boils...and nothing was left afterwards but scraps.
Dillon always in on the action.
Chuck and his brother cooking out back. Chuck is an LSU fan...but wore a Gator shirt in honor of Austin...he did put up his flag though..haha
Getting ready for the "Crayfish Bowl" It was the "Florida French Pinchers" against the "Mississippi Mud Hens". Eleven crayfish were set down in the middle of the "field".
The cups at either end of the board were worth points. 7 points for the center cup, 3 points for the cup on either side. The "quarter" lasted as long as there were "players" on the board. Crayfish either crawled into or backed into the cups to score points....or crawled off the board. 100 squares were up for grabs before the start of the action. $1.00 a square. John had forgotten his wallet...luckily I had a few dollars to spare...hahaha. After all the squares were signed off...Peyton and a friend randomly chose numbers from a cup and assigned them to the squares.
Lori (I think) had a "go-cam" to record the action. The crowd was going wild....in other words...we are easily amused! hahaha
SCORE!
At the end of the first "quarter" the score was 13-12...so John and I were big winners!

No comments: