Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine stories and more

Last Saturday at the library we had some Dragon Dancers. They put on a show for Chinese New Year. I wasn't there, but Dianne said she had over 150 people. They had refreshments, the dancers and a craft for the kids. I helped cut out all the pieces...there were lots of parts to the mask the kids made....cute.
Thursday I did Valentine stories at Storytime. Here's a couple of the books I used this past week.
The kids always enjoy pop-up books. In Bee Mine, all the different animals are sending valentines to one another...complete with the corny greetings.


Valentine Surprise by Corinne Demas was one I hadn't seen before. The story is about a little girl who wants to make a valentine heart for her mother...but she has a little trouble making her heart(s).
As you can see with this illustration...she manages to come up with a solution. Everyone , adults and children, liked this story.
Another hit was Mamma's Kiss by Jane Yolen. Mama throws a kiss and it bounces off the baby and makes it's way around the house, and town and eventually ends up back home where it all started. Simple illustrations...but it was very cute! Everyone enjoyed it.
This adorable book came in the courier too late for me to use Thursday...but I'll share it with the kids next week
It's a Toddler book with flaps. Very cute and colorful. Dianne used it Friday and the little ones liked it.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5708310597787888498" />
I liked this book as soon as I saw it...we asked the director to order us a copy!
Have a Happy Valentine's Day on Tuesday.

No comments: