Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St. Patrick's Day party

It's been an interesting last few days...or more. One of the highlights was this party we went to last Saturday night at our neighbor's house. I did not feel well last Tuesday-Friday...don't know if it was the flu?, allergies?, migraine...or all of the above...but I felt like $*&%! (insert word of choice here)Finally felt about 90% on Sat and was up to going over to have some good Irish Stew. And cake of course! John had lots of Shepherd's Pie and boiled potatoes.

Matthew and Xiao Yan posing for me. Ra bought the holiday outfits for all her grandchildren...hoping to get a group photo of them all decked out.

While the bagpiper was warming up in the garage...the little girls were peeking in on him.
It was a nice night. Clear sky with moon shining brightly and lots of stars. It was a bit cool...but felt good. The bagpiper and drummer were outside. Ra's cousin Monica, dressed in her Irsh Dance costume led the little girls in a dance.
It was nice to hear the music and fun to watch the little dancers.
The day after the party little Matthew was baptised. We went to the service and then joined everyone for a brunch at Matt & Xiao Yan's. Later we ate leftovers...lots of leftovers!
Those were the highlights....there were unfortunately some lows last week. One old friend called to tell us her mother had died. Her mother was 83,,,but a sudden illness is what caused her death. Too bad. I heard from another friend that a person we used to spend some time with is battling breast cancer, and then another family has been in an ongoing battle to keep their son on the right track....and right now they are at their wit's end. All that and the earthquake in Japan....and it's kind of hard to stay positive....but I'm trying! I'm going to focus on the fact that the weather here is great even if it's giving me lots of headaches,
Some good friends are having a big fish fry Saturday to help their daughter raise money for a mission trip to Africa...so we will be eating well and enjoying time with friends this weekend and it's for a good cause. I'm feeling better....for the most part...I got to fill in for Dianne yesterday and do Laptime and Toddler Time instead of working at the front desk. (Yeah!)My nephew is in town (Orlando)and driving over to meet us for lunch tomorrow...so that will be nice, just so happens I am off. So.... I'm going to focus on the positive and have a good week!

1 comment:

Rupert said...

who is going to Africa? Brittany would be my only guess. and what nephew? Ryan?