Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Witch Way 5K

So after a crummy week the weekend turned out to be a lot of fun. We decided that the weather was nice and there was a full moon...so why not have a cookout and have some friends over for dinner. We did just that. Made up some Chicken Shish-ka-bobs along with the side dishes and had Mike, Denise and Chris over for a relaxing poolside dinner. (Heather wasn't feeling too great and her visiting friend Pam had already planned to stay home with the kids) so we had a small group but we enjoyed ourselves. and
Saturday evening my friend Diane talked me into walking in the 3RD Annual Witch Way 5K...we had seen her at the Longdoggers Walk/Run... she mentioned it and after thinking about it...I figured why not? John decided to join us. It started at 6pm which was great since it's still warmer than usual here..plus I have more energy at 6pm than 6 am
There were over 600 walkers and runners, a wheelchair or two, a few strollers...skateboards, skates...and a some costumes too. Cracked up when we passed one guy who was smoking a CIGAR! while he walked!
As usual we walked...but I walked faster than some runners...and we beat our last time by 30 seconds or so...only ran the last half block to beat 45 minute mark!
It was fun. We passed some friends who lived along the way...walked through some streets in Indialantic around Orlando Park...nice and green and quiet back there... I forgot how nice it was back that part of the neighborhood.
Afterwards there was a gathering at City Tropics...but we didn't stay there long...too crowded...free drink was hard to get and I didn't want it anyway...so we headed over to where else?????Longdoggers for a bite to eat and a cold drink. We watched football and enjoyed talking to some friends.
Sunday we met some friends at Bunky's to watch the show down between my team...The Steelers and everyone else's team...The Dolphins...as you probably know...the Steelers squeaked by with a win... which I admit was questionable...but I'm not complaining...it was fun! and I felt better!The final cap of my weekend was a much need trip to the Chiropractor and a massage (after work yesterday)...I could feel the stress getting pushed right out of me...it really made me feel better. I slept really well last night!

No comments: