Friday, June 4, 2010

Trip to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom

Megan and I spent Sunday, 5/23/10, at the happiest place on Earth...haha that is unless you're one of those little kids we saw lying on the ground crying while Mom and Dad looked on.... I could sympathize...I have sat on a bench or in a line at those parks on more than one occasion with a kid pitching a fit and wondering..."why am I here?" We DID NOT go to Typhoon Lagoon....but that's what our parking pass said.

You can't go to THE LAND without taking the tour.....we do it every time.
Giant 9 pound lemon...along with all kinds of other fruits, vegetables and asst fish growing.
pumpkin being grown into MICKEY shape
After that...time to grab a bite to eat....not too busy...which was nice.
Megan posing for me
It was hot out...so this was a popular spot...but we always like to go sample all the different coke flavors from around the world.

Heading in to SOARIN..get a Fast Pass when possible...it was so nice to walk right in...but it is worth the wait if you HAVE to!

We walked around to all the World Showcase first...then back to the monorail.We stopped for a snack in Mexico...and a treat in France. Megan outside Morocco.
The annual Flower and Garden show recently ended...so some of the garden arrangements were still there....here's Megan by the characters from Beauty and the Beast
Me and Lumiere
we spotted a favorite character...Mary Poppins...they have a great Mary Poppins themed brunch at the Grand Floridian.... or at least they used to...Megan and I and a friend have been more than once
the two of us had to stop by my all time favorite characters...from Peter Pan!

quick pose in the phone booth at the UK
We hopped on the monorail and we were off to the Magic Kingdom!
First stop...the Chapeau so Megan could pick up some ears for her friend Marcus.
Ahhhhhh...the view down Main Street...it just never gets old!
our favorite little fountain...Cinderella

love the balloons! glad my kid didn't want one...worst souvenir in my opinion...it's just not that exciting once you get in the car!
We went here first....we wanted to ride the "magic carpets"!
spitting camel...got me a couple of times
my driver
we saw a few sights in Adventureland...Pirates, etc...then rode the train over to Tomorrowland

In Tomorrowland...we ALWAYS have to ride the PeopleMover at least once.....you can always get right on...relax for a few minutes...cool off and I just like it! (always have)
Another favorite stop...Buzz Light Years ride...fun, fun, fun. Formerly the Delta ride...for folks that are as old as me...we always liked the Wings of Tomorrow...or whatever it was called...because you didn't need a ticket (back when you had ABCDE tickets) and you rarely had to wait.....Buzz is fun too...shooting those lasers...Megan won this time.
fuzzy photos...but you get the idea
We had a great day...it was hot though and poor Megan ended up with a headache...she didn't really complain... like I would have but passed on riding Space Mountain...riding a roller coaster with a pounding headache...not a good idea!
We got our money's worth and it wasn't too crowded...short waits for rides...that's the way I like it! I am always game...next time any one's heading that way....let me know. except Karen...I don't have the pass like she does...I can't go THAT often! I'd love to go back to Animal Kingdom.....lunch at Hollywood Studios...SCI-FI Theatre.....I am just a kid at heart I guess...luckily a kid with a job...so I can afford to go from time to time.hahaha

2 comments:

BKaminski said...

I loved the wings of tomorrow. Walking through the on ramp with the propeller then getting to see how classy all the mannequins looked all dressed up to fly it was so neat. I'm sad its gone.

annek said...

by the way...the old joke goes...EPCOT stands for "Every Person Comes Out Tired"..or with a headache! haha