Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surf & Turf


John is out of town fishing and I HOPE catching! with Ron & Mitch.
They left early this morning for the Bahamas and are due back tomorrow evening. After all the great fishing in March and April...things have been a little quiet. Some snook down at the beach, a wahoo here or there...but a tuna would be nice! There have been a couple of attempts...but engine problems, or no fish...or something or another had put a damper on things.When Mitch suggested a trip on his big (fairly)new boat...John and Ron were both happy to go along. forget about that sore...thumb,neck,back..insert body partI really didn't have any problem with this plan...but John must've felt a little bad about leaving town on such short notice...because told me he was going to make me dinner ...last night(Tuesday). I work 9-5 Tuesday...so that sounded good to me... We have some fresh Florida lobster in the refrigerator...compliments of our friend Mike Roy. Mike is a really good fisherman and probably catches more lobster than anyone I know. (He has a secret spot down near Vero Beach)
John did a shower repair for them last week while they were out of town. Tile for lobsters.....always a good trade! (When the job proved to be a little more than expected...no problem...just add a lobster to the total, haha) So John cooked me up some of the freshly caught lobster from Mike, along with a nice filet...and some delicious asparagus salad. Yum , yum. I don't really eat lobster all that often...but I like Florida lobster...it's not as rich as Maine lobster; and when we cook it on the grill (well done) with some lemon butter...it's pretty tasty!
Dinner was ready to go on the grill when I got home from work...and John mentioned he had snapped a picture of the lobster tails, steaks and the wine....just in case I wanted to put it on the blog. hahaha...so this one's for John!

1 comment:

BKaminski said...

Dad is getting into the blog!